Dummy (fake) cameras VS Real surveillance system cameras
Have you ever wondered which type of security camera would be the best in securing ones home or property? Though there are many reasons in securing our properties, there are two types of security products that could provide this type of security and they are dummy security cameras and real security cameras. Both types of security cameras are beneficial in terms of providing security for your property.
7PiXL Multimedia Group is an industry leader throughout the Dallas, Plano, and Frisco area in providing the latest, cutting-edge technology in multimedia, access control and surveillance, security camera installation, key card access, gate control and security system installation, maintenance, and monitoring for multifamily housing projects, commercial, office, industrial, and residential projects. Not only do we design systems that are aesthetically pleasing to the eye, our team is trained to work in concert with building professionals, general contractors, etc. to integrate systems into new or retrofit offices, multifamily complexes, or homes.
Dummy surveillance cameras
Dummy surveillance cameras have a variety of benefits when it comes to securing your property. Most contain similar features like real cameras without being nowhere near close to the cost of one. With no wiring or power needed, it just takes minutes to install. They have you both time and money for providing security for your home or property.
7pixl and our team of Security and Access control experts also bring their considerable experience to residential home automation control and security camera installation. Our access to various product lines allow us to tailor fit a residential system to any budget, and deliver a quality, completed project that will please the most demanding customer! From a new home theater or entertainment room to a full-blown state-of-the-art security camera installation, rest assured that the design, install and implementation of your system are performed professionally and properly, ensuring your safety and maximum enjoyment of your system.
For every product that has come to existence, there are some pros and cons that you should be aware of.
Pros of Dummy (fake) security cameras
• No Power required (depending on type of dummy camera) at most double A batteries
• Intimidates like a real surveillance camera
• Contains similar features like a real camera such as being waterproof, having LED lighting and having a realistic appearance
• No need for professional installation
Cons of dummy cameras
• It helps intimidate wrong doers but provides no evidence nor help in real life situations such as break ins
• Can’t record or provide any footage to view
Real system surveillance cameras
Securing your home with system surveillance cameras are by far the best ways in ensuring safety in your property. There are many features you could take advantage of like day and night vision, zoom, water resistant, high resolution and several others to help you see what your cameras are seeing. With many features and benefits real security cameras have to offer, a security camera system may take longer to install but it would be worthwhile in the long run. When purchasing a security camera or a camera surveillance system, would be based on your preferences and your budget.
We don’t stop there though, 7pixl can also set up your Audio/Visual system for your new office space as well! With our years of experience, along with the flexibility to develop custom solutions for everyone from small businesses to enterprise organizations, 7pixl can help you build an office with a professional Audio/Visual suite to impress your clients and employees. We also offer Structured Wiring solutions to allow your Television, Audio/Visual, and Internet services to be delivered where needed without clutter. All of our integrated commercial and office AV and control systems are custom designed and tailored to meet our client’s needs, budgets and preferences.
Here are a few pros and cons of a real surveillance camera and security camera system.
Pros of real system surveillance cameras
• Additional features than dummy security cameras
• Real appearance and provides real time surveillance footage
• Depending on type of camera, you could zoom, rotate the camera up to 360 degrees, receive email alerts when it detects a threat, have motion sensors
• Small enough to be installed indoors and out
• Depending of the system, it’ll allow you to watch over your property through your monitor, desktop computer, laptop and even your smartphone.
Cons of real system surveillance
• Higher cost due to the need for a DVR system with a hard drive, that would allow you to save your recordings
• Would possibly need a monitor if planned on being used for business or to easily be able to see what your cameras see
• Takes more time to set up
• Might need professional installation
Both dummy security and real surveillance cameras are beneficial when it comes to providing security for your property. Dummy security cameras features and benefits are well enough to be used to provide short-term security. As for real surveillance camera systems, despite the cost, they are most beneficial in the long-term as they record and provide video evidence when these crime situations take place. Based on your preferences and budget you could decide whether to go with either real or dummy cameras for securing your home or property.